The sunny weather and the resulting mild temperatures during November have prevent the freezing of the soils, and the meltwater of the snow/ice can now easily infiltrate soil and bedrock, triggering sliding and collapsing of material (numbers refers to locations on map):
5) 04.12.2008: Between the villages of Birchabruck and Gummer a rockfall with a volume of 150m3 occurred, blocking the street.
8) 11.12.2008: rockfalls occurring on a footpath on the "Säbener Felsen" (Klausen)
1) 16.12.2008: In the morning (3:00 a.m.), a large boulder (diameter 2m) felt on the street between the village of Latsch and Kastelbell, damaging the street, and rolling in the nearby river.
2) 16.12.2006: Shortly after midday a rockfall occurred in the village of Schlanders, damaging the backside of a house.
3)18-19.12.2008: A landslide with a volume of 5000m3 damages and covers the street between the village of Blumau and Breien.
4) 18-19.12.2008: A rockfall with a volume of 50m3 in the same area damages heavily a protection wall, only a second wall could stop the boulders and prevent damaging of the underlying street.
6) 01.12-26.12.2008: Because of high danger of rockfall and avalanches the Mendel-Pass street between Kaltern and the Province Trient is closed since the first snowfalls in the first December-week.
7) 22.12.2008: Two residents were forced to leave their home in the village Stummerberg (Zillertal-Austria), the heavy snowfalls-rainfalls caused on 8:30 p.m. creeping of a part (15m broad) of the slope behind the house.